[pure-silver] Re: PMK

  • From: "Jim MacKenzie" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 13:05:19 -0600

----- Original Message ----- From: "Justin F. Knotzke" <jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2006 12:45 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] PMK

I've noticed that compared to APUG and largeformatphotography's forums, there is little to no discussion on Pyro and PMK here.

  Why is that? Is it totally discredited as a fad?

  I've never seen a PMK print, but I've seen scans and honestly, I
don't get the fuss.

I use PMK a lot. I love it.

Prints tend to need less burning and dodging, especially in the highlights. The stock solution keeps for an eternity.

It isn't great for all films, but for some, it's my favourite developer.

I've used Pyrocat a little, but too little to have a firm opinion on it.

Jim