[pure-silver] Re: Cleaning picture frame glass

  • From: anclancy@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 12:10:46 +0000

I would second the recommendation to check with a local glass glazer.  We had
lots of problems with cleaning glass and i finally stopped by a shop down the
street from the lab.

One thing they did say, do not use windex as it doesn't clean well or easily.
Ended up having the glass shop get me some cleaner they used. Works like a
charm.  (well, as well as one can expect for glass cleaning :))

regards,
ann
From: Johnsimage@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 4/18/2006 3:40:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,
tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I am framing an exhibition and as usual I find myself worrying about how to
clean the glass. Glass cleaners contain chemicals, commonly acids and
ammonia. I worry about their effect on the prints. Does anyone have good
information on this and what do you all do?
I clean mine using minimal amounts of glass cleaner where I must and rub as
much off as I possibly can, then leave the glass to dry off/ evaporate for a
day or two before use.
Tim

Hi Tim,
 I use a product Premium Clean Made by Tru Vue which sells picture framing
glass. It is ammonia free, soap free, leaves no residue, static free and non
streaking. I would ask your glass supplier what they have available.
Cordially,
John Harmon