[pure-silver] Re: Cleaning picture frame glass

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 12:36:52 -0400 (EDT)

From: "Ralph W. Lambrecht" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Cleaning picture frame glass
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:21:17 +0200

> I share your concern about glass cleaners. Some contain vinegar. Here we
> spend all the time to get acid-free materials, and then we get vinegar that
> close to the print. Or doesn't it matter?

Unless the debris on the glass surface or cleaner has mineral
components, there is no reason to make the cleaner acidic.

However, acid-containing cleaner used on glass surface won't be a
factor. It's nothing like paper making process using acid. It's a very
different story.

It's not very clear what gave rise the the glass "fog" you
observed. I'd think something coming out of the matte board, backing
board, adhesive, print itself, etc. adsorbed on the glass surface in
the windowed area.