[pure-silver] Re: Cleaning picture frame glass

  • From: Johnsimage@xxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 07:45:18 EDT

In a message dated 4/18/2006 3:40:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,
tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I am  framing an exhibition and as usual I find myself worrying about how  to
clean the glass. Glass cleaners contain chemicals, commonly acids  and
ammonia. I worry about their effect on the prints. Does anyone have  good
information on this and what do you all do?
I clean mine using  minimal amounts of glass cleaner where I must and rub as
much off as I  possibly can, then leave the glass to dry off/ evaporate for a
day or two  before use.
Tim

Hi Tim,
 I use a product Premium Clean Made by Tru Vue which sells picture  framing
glass. It is ammonia free, soap free, leaves no residue, static free and  non
streaking. I would ask your glass supplier what they have available.
Cordially,
John Harmon