[pure-silver] Re: Cleaning picture frame glass

  • From: "Dave Valvo" <dvalvo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 18:40:17 -0400

Could be atmospheric gases getting trapped inside the framed artwork. Doesn't go through the RC as readily as the FB but still goes through. Gases could also go through the mat boards. Using Artcare should see a lesser effect. Why lesser in FB? because FB acts as a sump itself.

For this reason Acrylic glazing is never recommended....i.e.. too porous. But it is used where children are near and when shipping costs must be minimized.

Dave

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ralph W. Lambrecht" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On 2006-04-18 18:36, "Ryuji Suzuki" <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's not very clear what gave rise the the glass "fog" you
observed. I'd think something coming out of the matte board, backing
board, adhesive, print itself, etc. adsorbed on the glass surface in
the windowed area.