[projectaon] Re: Chasm of Doom Mines and Vision

  • From: Timothy Pederick <pederick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 21:58:36 +0800

On 16 February 2010 21:16, Robert Wellock <xhtmlcoder@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Don’t forget to the mention you also need a Tinderbox though - if you
> require a Torch. :-)

You have the Tinderbox right there in section 123, so you don't have to take
it with you. (I was going to say that you'd need it to light later torches
if you take more than one, which it suggests you might want to, but then I
realised that as soon as one is running low, you can just use it to light
the next one!)

So unless it's possible to outright lose your lit torch later on, there's no
need to worry about the Tinderbox. If you *can* lose your torch, and be
given the option of lighting another (with the Tinderbox, of course), I'd
suggest a footnote pointing out that the Tinderbox is also a Backpack Item
and that you can choose to take it with you. Not spoileriffic, but a helpful
reminder to the reader.

As for the Firesphere, the other option is to leave the text intact and
footnote it; something along the lines of:

"Alternatively, you may use a Firesphere, if you possess one."

And then the "flickering light of your Torch" can stand, as the player will
already be aware that the book didn't account for that possibility, and can
simply overlook the minor inconsistency.

--
Tim Pederick