[projectaon] Re: Chasm of Doom Mines and Vision

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 19:49:17 +0000

On 20/02/2010 17:44, Jonathan Blake wrote:
On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 9:20 AM, Simon Osborne<outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

How about adapting the footnote thusly: "For the sake of continuity with
subsequent sections, you are assumed to take a Torch into the mine here,
even if you are carrying an alternate means of providing illumination. If
you decide to take the Tinderbox with you into the mine, record it on your
Action Chart as a Backpack Item."

Even if the reader chooses to forgo the Torch, they've been duly
warned. Looks good to me. :)

Done!

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml/lw/04tcod/sect123.htm>

Aside from the three issues in Book 2 <http://www.projectaon.org/en/Errata/FireOnTheWater> the first 8 books could be considered for some kind of comment period. Specifically worth checking would be the correct placement of illustrations in these books, since they were changed from using GIF to PNG images *and* some of the filenames were changed to make them more standard (i.e. sectXXX.png -> smallX.png). Books 9-12 have a combined total of about 30 outstanding issues.

Jon, should I go ahead and commit PNG conversions of the original JPGs of maps 9-18 to SVN, or are you planning on rescanning them before we re-release those books?