[projectaon] Re: Chasm of Doom Mines and Vision

  • From: Ingo Kloecker <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 20:36:45 +0100

On Sunday 21 February 2010, David Davis wrote:
> Well this is because JPEGs used lossy compression and throw half the
> info away ;)
> Admittedly, Simon's workflow here isn't exactly getting all that info
> back...

In fact, Simon's workflow doesn't get any of the lost information back.
All his workflow does is reduce the impact of the lost information. (I'm
a mathematician. I talk such nonsense all the time. ;-) )

Why/When did we decide to replace the JPEGs by PNGs? Is the much larger
size suddenly no problem anymore? A lot of people still have very slow
Internet connections. We, the people with high-speed Internet
connections, keep forgetting that not everybody has the luxury of fast
downloads.

Regards,
Ingo