Re: Shell Scripting Info

  • From: Rui Batista <ruiandrebatista@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 10:46:52 +0100

Hi,
Seg, 2011-05-16 às 20:12 -0600, Littlefield, Tyler escreveu:
> 1) Mono is behind.

Don't count on that, even without novell anyone can still make stuff
with it. People is creating spin-offs from novell to keep working on
mono. Just read the news.

> 2) It's not native on Linux.

It's as native as in Windows. It's a VM. If it compiles just-in-time for
the native platform is all another matter, witch is possible in
Windows,Mac, Linux, or whatever. .net runs on a VM, like java.

> .net is good, but I'd much rather .net just stayed on Windows. We've
> got
> Java (which isn't really native either), but it's at least truely
> cross
> platform, and you're not going to have one version way behind another
> on
> windows and unix.

It's cross-platform when you use portable servics... lol. But you're
right on some extent, java is more used outside Windows.

FYI I'm not a .net coder or advokate or whatever, I'm really on the
other side, but add to make this points.

Regards,

Rui Batista

--
Rui Batista
E-mail/googletalk: ruiandrebatista (at) gmail (dot) com