RE: Shell Scripting Info

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 21:11:47 -0400

My Ubuntu 64 under vm ware player on a Intel I3 2.1 with only 4 GB runs vinux
just fine giving it 3 gb of ram and 2 cpu.  you can give it up to 3.8 without
killing the machine.  if you only have 4 GB to give.  I will let you know  how
much better it is when I get the 8 GB put in my laptop.  Note though it would
also help if you had a laptop with a 7200 speed drive most are not though.
Mine is only a 5400 but it with my low end hardware it still runs really well.
It even runs better on my Mac book pro under fusion which is just vmware for
Mac.  On there I am giving it a full 4 gb because I have 8 gb and at the time
didn't know it was ok to go ahead and run it at 75 % of the memory available.
Anyway it runs very good on my machine.  I have found though that most of the
AMD machines don't run vmware very well so since you have intel you should be
pretty good.

ken