Re: New programmer

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 18:44:12 +0100

I would go for C# as it's very similar to java in terms of program structure. When I told my professors at university that I couldn't use Java natively, that's what they suggested; c#. I used the Visual C# Express Edition for my programming assignments. Hope this helps.

Chris Hallsworth
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266

On 30/04/2010 16:13, Øyvind Lode wrote:
Hi

I want to learn to program.
I'm not quite sure what to dive into yet.
I think I want to focus on desktop application development on Windows.

Which language do you recommend?
C, C++, C#, F#, Ruby, Python, Java etc?

Currently I'm leaning towards C# or Java.
I don't know why though :)

I'm a Jaws user and EdSharp is my text editor of choice.