Re: New programmer

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 May 2010 18:35:47 +0100

I was talking about Edsharp. But thanks for the information though. It appears that everything but the text/source code editors work well with NVDA 2010.1.

Chris Hallsworth
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266

On 01/05/2010 17:47, Andreas Stefik wrote:

    Does this program fully work with NVDA, or will I need JAWS or
    Window-Eyes for this? I'm asking as I use NVDA full time and try not
    to rely on the commercial offerings.

We are working on improving NVDA support for NetBeans right now, but
fired up NVDA in Visual Studio as we were doing some testing the other
day. Specifically, under VS 2008, we noticed that the menus made sound,
but the text editor didn't appear to be read by the screen reader with
the default settings. We are still using VS 2008 in our lab, so I'm not
sure about the newer 2010 version.

It works fine with JAWS though, again with either the default settings
(or the scripts),

Stefik