Re: New programmer

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 17:52:54 -0400

Hi Inthane. Add to that the support for several Database types, Many built-in Providers, Predefined controls of all sorts in the ToolBox with the properties window holding the major properties for every control, no looking them up on MSDN. A few other goodies like the DataSource Wizard, the Wizards that make formatting and binding various controls a point and click operation and support for other objects of many types within a Project or Solution for that matter without complicated code and hours looking up how to build them and get the syntax right not to mention all the interrelated variables. The App.config file is auto generated with resource definitions depending on what you have installed and the error window, shudder, is actually a major help when syntax checking anything. Also, all the errors include any parameter problems or inter and intra module object definitions, types and usage. Then the Intellisense, Navigation, several specific Text Editors with language specific error checking, test runs as simple as F5 or ctrl+f5, and tons of auto generated code that is sometimes quite complex and sometimes just eliminates boring manual coding and I would never go back to just using a text Editor, compiler and various File and Folder structures to try and mimic what can be done in a true Integrated Development Environment written by highly sophisticated professionals in their specialties and Bam! I'm content. . When a project ets beyond a certain point I think the IDE is the way to go. For a raw beginner it really makes no diference. In fact, just playing around with the Text Editor and command line is likely to be more clear and less headaches than learning the complexities of the IDE, the many Settings to make it accessible and, of course, using JAWS as most folks do and the scripts. I use the VS IDE all the time and am finally getting to the point where I can do things quite quickly now. Things that might take a week to do the other way I can do in less than a day and perhaps a couple of hours - or less, if the moon is in just the right position.

Rick USA
----- Original Message ----- From: "The Elf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>