-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Windows-update.

  • From: "Sylviavandewall" <pvdwall@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 17:24:51 +0200

 Hi Troth,
 Did what you said but it did not help. Any other suggestions???
 I think if I don't get this to work I will never be able to get a update
anymore.
 Sylvia

> I had a similar problem about a year ago with a Win98 machine at work. You
can try this, as this is how I solved it. Press CTRL-ALT-DEL and close
everything listed except Explorer. After everything is closed (press
CTRL-ALT-DEL to make sure EXPLORER is the only thing listed), THEN try the
Windows update again. See if that helps.
> ---Troth
>

>     Hi,
>     I went to the Windows-update site and there it said: Looking for the
newest version from Windows update Software.
>     Than I get a new menu with the message: Do you want to install and run
Windows update signed 8-26-2003 7.10 pm and distributed by Microsoft
Corporation.

>     I click on YES and my computer freezes up.
>     Tried it over and over again, also restarted the computer and tried it
again but it keeps on freezing up.

>     Does anybody know what I can do?? I have WindowsME. My computer runs
fine and I never have a freeze up with other program's.