-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Windows-update.

  • From: "Sylviavandewall" <pvdwall@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pctechtalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 17:34:54 +0200

Troth,
.Ok, I'll try and explain this in my best English......ha-ha
I did a search and it came up with 2 files. One HOSTS had 1kB and is called
SAM-file, the other LMHOSTS has 4kB and also is called SAM-file. Now a very
weird thing happened, I went to the sample files and saw they are all
JScript- and VBScript-files. I'll explain them here:
2 CHART with one JScript and one VBScript
2 EXEL, same as above
2 NETWORK, same as above
2 REGISTRY, same. Now with this one something strange happened when I tried
to open them Norton came up with a warning that said: HARMFUL SCRIPT.
Object: Windows Script host shell object. Activity: RegWrite. Your computer
is temporary stopped something has to be done with this script:
C:\WINDOWS\SAMPLES\WSH\REGISTRY.JS. and the same thing came with the other
file only there the REGISTRY ended with VBS. Than Norton asks What do you
want to do? Advice: stop script.
I pressed the ok bottom because I don't know what this is all about. Is this
a virus or just a file I cant touch??
Than 2 SHORTCUT the same as above and one SHOWVAR with only VBScript.
The other file LMHOST I cant find.
I hope you can understand my explaining all this -:)
Sylvia.