-=PCTechTalk=- Re: pctechtalk WASTED BANDWIDTH

  • From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 11:14:21 -0400

OK nobody noticed, but this is a serious question !
my OE6 ties itself up 'searching for hyperlinks' ; should it ? ; why
does it ? ; i have not seen this occur before. help jo
this humungeous file gave my poor little puter constipation !!
it kept on straining, and i kept worrying and got my knickers in a right
old
KNOT.
When i finally got it undone and divested, there on the bottom of the
screen
[the 'status bar ?] it said 'searching for hyperlinks 22% done' -
i'm pretty sure i have never seen this before ! should i be worried ?
AV check was clean.
cheers jo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hopefully someone can answer this for you - sounds odd to me.
Have you installed any new software that might do that? I know I put on
a new program, and it had some different e-mail scanning options. I decided to
let it scan my e-mail for viruses since my norton can't - but that was all I
picked.

when strange things happen like that to me, I go on line and run Panda on line -
or trend. Just in case a virus came in and disabled my system anti-virus
software. I also run my spybot or adaware to be sure no spyware is on there
searching for things. when they come up clean - then I ususally Panic big
time!!!!

CrisS