-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Windows XP

  • From: "Robert Andrew Dulaney Jr." <rdulaneyjr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 18:25:49 -0700 (PDT)

It will say upgrade on it.  It has been my experence though that an up grade is
a very unstable system after thge install.  I suggest that you do a "real"
fresh install.  I understand that some pocket books can't afford this.  An
upgrade is about $80.00 (plus or minus) and a home version non upgrade is about
100.00 (plus or miunus).

But what i was trying to explain is since you have the legal CD all you need to
do is buy a license for your folks (basically the sticker for their computer
with a product code) with that you can use your CD to install XP but use the
product code on their license.
CINDRA4@xxxxxxx wrote:
That's the problem they don't have a legal copy. LOL So I have to buy
least an upgrade for them right? I am wondering how to know it's an upgrade?
Cindy

In a message dated 8/23/2005 5:46:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
rdulaneyjr@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> if you have a legal copy of XP you only need to buy a license for your
> folks. You can use your CD and when it asks for the Product Key put in the
> one on
> your folks license, make sure you attach their license license to their
> machine.
> CINDRA4@xxxxxxx wrote:It sounds like this is what I need to do with my
> parents XP Computer problem.
> I think I have my legal cd of Windows 98 and then I can buy a XP Pro
> upgrade?
> And then do I just need to put in the legal key code per Sirtroths dl
> instructions?
> Cindy

Don't assist the spammers!
Please delete my name and e-dress before forwarding this e-mail to anyone.
Thank you I appreciate your compliance