-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Windows XP

  • From: "Joyce" <jmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:22:26 -0500

Thank you Troth.  Yes, I understand.  I have my legitimate XP Pro disk all
legal and paid for sitting in it's wrapper!   This started out innocent
enough when my computer guy put this on for me to try before buying.  I had
had such a bad experience with XP early on when nothing worked with it so I
was very reluctant to go with XP.  I finally agreed to let him give me a
trial run and then time went by and he did not get back to me to sell me the
disk.  I was naive enough to think it was already legal and I just needed to
pay for it and keep it.  When I decided to keep it and tried to pay for it
he said not to worry about it.  So I didn't until I ran that validation
thing from Microsoft and it told me I had a pirated copy.  Oh well, long
story.  Anyway I do have the legal one and the product key is on the front
and very long.  Thanks again for your help.
Joyce