-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Partition Drive

  • From: dsw32952 <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 09:05:05 -0400

I mentioned TweakUI since I will be dual booting with XP instead of
Win7.  But, editing the registry does not scare me like it used to.  (It
probably should, but it doesn't)  A third party has released TweakVI for
Vista and has a free version available.  I may go look for that again.

Will the difference between using two physical drives (my installation)
and two logical drives on the same physical drive make a siginifcant
difference?  I know performance wise the two physical drives will be better.

A special note for everyone:  Over the last several weeks of frustration
with this HP and Vista Premium and uninstalling this and recovering that
I have used CCLEANER to uninstall software, cleanup the hard drive and
fix the registry.  I have always let it do its thing with only a cursory
review of what it found.  I have never been disappointed or harmed by
its work.  I trust it.  I probably shouldn't, but I do.  I've even quit
making a backup of the problems before it fixes them in most (not all)
cases.

Don

Gman wrote:
> The only way I'll be able to guide you two fully is to dig up those archives
> and re-write the info specifically to this approach.  Don will see a rehash
> of some stuff he's already received, but it will likely contain some nuggets
> I didn't include the last time.  As for using TweakUI, that's not possible
> for vista or Win7 since it was never released for those two OS's.  However,
> the registry is just as easy to edit directly as it is for XP, so the focus
> will have to be on that approach (it's not as scary as that might sound
> lol).
>
> To both of you, thanks for including your system specs.  They may not be
> needed, but it's sure nice to have it if they are.  I've been thinking about
> asking for them for every new issue that comes through the group.         :)
>
> Peace,
> Gman

in the Subject.