-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Partition Drive

So, this cannot be accomplished with Windows disc management, I have to have
a third party app?

____________reply separator__________

From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>

Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Partition Drive

Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 01:03:59 -0400

The Recovery disk will not allow you to dictate partitions, so that will

have to be done after the Vista install, but before the Win7 install.  It

will also require the use of a third party partitioning app.  You can use

the one at the link below for free for personal use.

http://www.technibble.com/repair-tool-of-the-week-easus-partition-manager/

Since you will have to use the Recovery disk, you might also consider

leaving the present install intact and just adding partitions and Win7 to

what you already have.  It will take a little more work to get the C: drive

to use a separate partition for your Program Files folder, but that's not an

insurmountable task.  I could even show you how to do it over a remote

connection, but you will likely need to do the actual work involved (since

messing with system settings often cuts off remote connections)

Peace,

Gman

in the Subject.