-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Partition Drive

  • From: dsw32952 <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 11:10:54 -0400

This week end will be great for me.  I have Fri, Sat and Sun off.

I have done some preliminary work to get ready:

HP Desktop

160GB SATA, 2 partitions, XP Pro and Vista installed.  (I might redo the
build and reinstall these)
500GB SATA, Single partition, Folders for Programs, System (Temp files
etc), backup images and data (My Documents etc)

Dell Desktop  (3GHz P4, 2.5GB RAM)

20 GB (PATA), single partition, OEM XP Home installed  (I'm gonna look
for a larger drive that is in the closet, I hope)
320 GB (SATA) single partition, folders for everything as above.

Compaq Laptop

80 GB (PATA) 2 partitions, XP Home MCE and Vista Home Premium.  (I may
dump one of these, probably Vista since it is the free express upgrade
from XP)

This will be the main computer while the other two get worked on.

All three computers:

WD 250GB 2.5 inch external USB harddrive with email, all data and
portable apps on it.  This gets moved around from puter to puter as
needed.
Maxtor 3.5 inch 320GB external USB drive.
Maxtor 2.5 inch 250GB external USB drive.

Gman wrote:
> We'll be here.      :)
>
> Peace,
> Gman