-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Network win me to xp pro

  • From: "Trevnal" <trev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 16:47:33 +0100

Hi Doug,

So we know that the network cards work fine, as we can ping 127.0.0.1.  This
tells us that the drivers are also working.

Are you sure you are using a cross over cable if the computers are directly
connected, or two through cables if you are using a switch or hub between
them?

Can you ping the other computer as well? so you ping the Me machine from the
XP one, and vice versa.

Is your firewall set up to allow the use of a home network, or does it block
all traffic as well?

On the XP machine, have you enabled the guest account? Are both machines in
the same work group? Do they have different names?

Trevnal