-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Network win me to xp pro

  • From: "Doug" <cbpr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 23:02:57 +0200

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Trevnal
  To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 10:52 PM
  Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Network win me to xp pro

  Doug, do you have the install CD for the Modem, from when you had it
  delivered to you?

  If so it is nice and easy to set up on the XP machine.  All you do
is load
  the CD and follow the instructions.  Once the install has ended, you
would
  be better off to restart the PC, and then once it has all done, plus
in the
  USB modem, and let it load the drivers etc off the computer, which
it will
  do fine.

  That will then have the modem set up on the XP machine.  As for your
  settings, this is nice and easy too.  Using you ME machine, all you
need to
  do is note down all the following,

  Username, and password (which you will need to remember, or change
first)
  Your Email SMTP and POP settings.

   At worst, if we can get the two machines to talk and work fine,
even with
  out the modem, you could download the drivers for the modem, and
then copy
  them all over to the XP machine, and then install and move the
modem.

  I am not going to be here after another hour I would guess as I want
to go
  to bed.

  Trevnal

  The adsl cd is all in Spanish, I can do it, but it's a pain, plus if
I remember rightly there's also some mucking about with bindings, vci
and vpi.  Is there no other way ?

  Doug.  (It's 11pm here).