-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Network win me to xp pro

  • From: "Trevnal" <trev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 21:31:44 +0100

Doug,

ME, has two sets of IP addresses,as it is has two NIC's.  The one you use to
connect to the other machine and the one that you use to connect to the net,
which of course needs a IP number that your ISP gives you.

Now to be a real pain.  Can you install the modem on the XP machine at all,
as I think this may work a lot better for you then?  If not we need to work
out why things are not going quite right.

I would suggest, if you can and do move the modem so it works off the XP
machine, you remove the firewall off the ME machine, if you have to leave
the modem attached through the ME machine, then remove the firewall from the
XP machine.  I have found with my computers I only need the firewall on the
machine that has the modem directly connected.  The other is all ready
hidden doing this.

It may also be worth uninstalling the network card on the ME machine as
well, and starting again, as that seamed to help Chris a lot also.  His
machine's were then able to talk fine after he did that.

I am in a town called Malvern in Worcestershire, UK.

Trevnal