-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Help

  • From: "Don Wilcox" <Dwilcox3@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 04:55:08 -0400

OK.  The second install of windows should have gone into a second partition
or onto a second physical hard drive.  However, from what you have said in
look for to see if it did.  So let's do this the easy way.

The easy way will be to do a clean install of Windows Vista and all the
other software that Dell had originally installed on your computer.  This
will very closely match the way the computer was when you took it out of the
box.

The steps will include removing any partitions from the hard drive and then
formatting the hard drive and then installing Vista and the rest of the
software.

This will be time consuming for me to write and for you to do, so it will
have to wait for after work for me to get started on it.

Meanwhile, get prepared to do things you never thought you could do.

Depending on your warranty status with Dell, you may be able to call and
have them walk you through this process.  Let me know if you decide to try
this so I don't waste time writing it all out in a message.

Don