-=PCTechTalk=- Re: HD Companies

  • From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 08:45:00 -0400

Will check out Karen Power Tools... thanks Dave.
---Troth

  From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- HD Companies
  Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 23:49:37 -0400

  Let's talk about hard drive manufacturers. Just today... the 4th time
  I've had a hard drive go bad. My first and second drives were Maxtors, my
  3rd was an IBM (oem), and my 4th, today, was a Maxtor. Today's however,
  came up with the most damage... a wopping 6GB bad sectors. Luckily, it
  was in an unused area of the drive, so I lost no info, but it has taken
  up a considerable amount of my time, cause Windows scan disk didn't want
  to work... just kept freezing up at around 95%. Norton Disk Doctor was
  freezing up too, but after reformatting the drive from scratch, Norton
  was able to secure the bad sectors.
  So... question... what sort of luck has everyone been having with hard
  drives? Any streaks on drives going bad? What brands?

  Next question... anyone know how I can go back and see specific data on
  my drive? It seems that after you do either Scan Disk or Disk Doctor, it
  tells you at the end report that you have so-and-so sectors bad, but
  after the report is gone, there's no way to pull up the info to see how
  much is bad and how much is good? Any way to do it in Windows? Or, maybe
  another program I can buy?

  ---Troth

  www.geocities.com/wooledge001_/     www.mental-health-advocate.us
  wooledge001@xxxxxxxx                       wooledge001_@xxxxxxxxxxx