-=PCTechTalk=- Re: HD Companies

  • From: ~Lacey~ <stormy1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 21:53:22 -0700

Fujitsu and Quantum used to be the best in my opinion, followed up by
Western Digital. I don't know if Quantum still makes hard drives, but I
would definitely buy a Fujitsu before I bought a Maxtor. Knock on wood
though -- my current HD is a Maxtor. Seagate has also been known to have a
bad name. Now this is going back about 10-12 years -- my ex built and
serviced computers and those were the ones we would stay away from based on
poor performance. Times change though -- I'm not sure what the current "best
reputation" ones are.

~Lacey~

> > Let's talk about hard drive manufacturers. Just today... the 4th time
I've