-=PCTechTalk=- Re: DBX-files

  • From: "Sylviavandewall" <pvdwall@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 14:33:11 +0200

Ok Troth, thanks
I'll let you know when I come back online.
Take care,
Sylvia.

After you finish formatting, you then need to have the CD in the drive. The
setup CDs are not necessary WHILE you format, but you can always drop them
in there while the formatting is taking place.
After you format, you then switch to the drive letter that represents your
CD drive. If your CD drive is the D drive, you enter:

d:

and press [ENTER].

Then you type:

SETUP

and press [ENTER]

and the setup will begin.

Here's a good follow-along for installing Windows ME:
http://www.windows-help.net/windowsMe/install-pf.htm

I would suggest printing this out for yourself and following along if you
have any problems. In that write-up, you can begin where it says FORMAT.

Let us know how it goes.

---Troth

  Hi Troth,
  Thank you for the encouraging (had to look up that word -:))) words. I
never
  solved the problem with the DBX-files but it does not matter because I'm
  going to reformat anyway. I already saved most things I wanted.
  My next question is: When I put in the start-up disk from WindowsME and
  after I type in Format C: /u. what do I do next? Will the computer tell me
  to put in the CD's or do I have to do something else?
  Sylvia........Holland.