-=PCTechTalk=- Re: DBX-files

  • From: "Sylviavandewall" <pvdwall@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 18:55:36 +0200

thanks Troth,
I am ready to throw myself out of the window and not - what usually is the
case - my computer. It gets very depressing when everything you try does not
work because the lack of knowledge. I can't find it anymore. I've had enough
of all this trying and searching. When I look at the questions on this list
I see that I always ask the most stupid questions. Maybe one day I will see
the light -:)) and I will learn the more technical things. Right now I don't
want to try anything anymore because I seem to do everything wrong and I
just cant find anything and when I find it, it does not work for me.
So now I'm going to safe the things I can and try to reformat this computer.
Sylvia

> DBX files shouldn't be associated with any program. With that said, if you
DID associate them with a program (whether OE or Word) I don't think it'll
make a difference in terms of OE being able to use it... but, I'm not 100%
sure on that.
> To remove any association with DBX files, assuming you're using XP
(although the other OS versions should be the same), open MY COMPUTER, and
on top click on TOOLS > FOLDER OPTIONS > FILE TYPES. Then, look for the DBX
extension, and hit DELETE or REMOVE. Then APPLY/OK.