-=PCTechTalk=- Re: DBX-files

  • From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 12:30:18 -0400

DBX files shouldn't be associated with any program. With that said, if you DID
associate them with a program (whether OE or Word) I don't think it'll make a
difference in terms of OE being able to use it... but, I'm not 100% sure on
that.
To remove any association with DBX files, assuming you're using XP (although
the other OS versions should be the same), open MY COMPUTER, and on top click
on TOOLS > FOLDER OPTIONS > FILE TYPES. Then, look for the DBX extension, and
hit DELETE or REMOVE. Then APPLY/OK.

---Troth

  From: "Sylviavandewall" <pvdwall@xxxxxxxxx>

    Hi,
    I made a mistake trying to open and look at my DBX-files in Word so now they
  got the Word sign on it. How do I get the old sign back on them?
    Sylvia....Holland.