[pchelpers] Re: (no subject)

  • From: "Ed" <edwest@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 07:12:33 -0500

Sophie,
There are still bad things on the puter. BHO's, possibly a porn dialer
program...
There is a program she could run called Hijackthis I can send you or you can
download from
here http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html
What OS does she have & what spyware, etc. programs?
You must be very careful deleting what you find w/hijackthis. After the
puter is cleaned up there are several programs to install that will keep
this from happening again. First things first though. Email me personal if
you need the hijackthis or if you want someone to look at your hijackthis
results.

From: "Sophie"
> Still having trouble with my friends computer ......... She had several
viruses which I have fixed and put on a virus checker ... AVG and set up a
firewall for her.  1st problem is that I can't access her control panel
..... It comes up as "Access to Specified file denied"  and the 2nd problem
is that under her favourites folder on the web comes up with porn sites
..... she deletes them and then when she checks back .....  they are back in
her favourites folder again ........ she is the only one using her computer
at the moment.