[opendtv] Re: Off topic: Researchers uncover potent greenhouse gas

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 13:10:52 -0400

At 9:15 AM -0700 10/28/08, Dale Kelly wrote:
Graig wrote
 We have been in a period of global cooling since 1998, with a rather
 dramatic drop in 2007.

Your Global Cooling proposition is not supported by the facts as presented
in the following NASA global mean temperature records. You simply cannot
prove a predisposition by cherry picking data to support that position.
The NASA records clearly show that 2007 was actually warmer than 1998.
However, data for the first seven months of 2008 do show a relative cooling,
though these cooler temperatures are still significantly warmer than the
mean average temperature baseline. Rather than miss characterizing this as
"Global cooling, it is best described by "the temperature rise in 2008 has
slowed somewhat"

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/tabledata/GLB.Ts.txt

This data is for meterological stations, not NASA satellite surface temp data.

The meterological station data is highly suspect due to violations of the rules for placements of these stations. There is considerable information about this on the web.

But this is largely irrelevant, as much of the data upon which Gore and others based their finding was just plain wrong, or cherry picked for effect.

I prefer to look at historic data overall, as Easterbrook did, and to project based on real world data, not computer models for the future.

There is nothing in the data to suggest that increased CO2 levels and increased temperatures in recent decades have been caused by man. There is considerable evidence in his paper to suggest a 40 year cycle that is linked in part to solar activity. Easterbrook made mincemeat of the IPCC predictions, which have no basis in fact.

The whole global warming scam has been brought to you by the same people who have spent the last 30 years looting personal savings, the stock market and the real estate market. Maybe we should have been more concerned about the impact of sub-prime mortgages and the abuse of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to "guarantee" these mortgages as they were proliferated as investment securities worldwide. But Chris Dodd and Barney Frank said there was nothing to worry about...

Looking at the current election cycle, I would have to characterize PRAVDA as a more believable source of information than the U.S. media...