[opendtv] Re: Off topic: Researchers uncover potent greenhouse gas

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 10:54:54 -0700

The NASA report is a combination of NASA and NOAA's gathering of data from
many sources. How do you conclude that it is based upon a sparsity of
monitoring points? Clearly that is true for the reports early years but that
is unlikely the case for the later years.
I do have some knowledge of NOAA's current capabilities, which are
extensive.

<"not supported" is passive voice".> How is this important?

Again, we ignore the primary subject of this thread, which is a newly
introduced and seemingly more powerful source green house gas. Global
climate change (currently warming) is a fact and is supported by Craig's
posting. However we do not know exactly why temperatures have risen so
sharply in the past 30 years and each new piece of evidence is helpful in
the analysis.

Dale