[opendtv] Re: Off topic: Researchers uncover potent greenhouse gas

  • From: Albert Manfredi <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 21:07:51 -0400

http://mediamatters.org/items/200703230007

Tom Barry wrote:

> I do.
>
> - Tom

Nah. I don't. I especially never agree with the tactic used in that piece. What
should be a perfectly sensible point, about solar activity, is associated with
the Rush Limbaugh, just to discredit the argument. As if no one else has ever
advanced this theory. That's the tactic used, frankly, by morons.

So here are a couple of articles that show just how wide open that possibility
is, and just how much the current greenhouse gas-exclusive models might be off.

http://www.dukenews.duke.edu/2005/09/sunwarm.html

http://www.livescience.com/environment/050505_earth_bright.html

I'll bet you that a lot has to do with where the research dollars are targeted.
If they are targeted to greenhouse gas studies, that's what will get the most
attention by academia.

(Still, the silver lining in attributing everything to CO2 specifically, is
that it will put an end to the ridiculous, wanton waste of energy. That's
great, even if it doesn't reverse any global warming.)