[opendtv] Re: (No Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:30:37 -0400

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenDTV (E-mail)" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 19:51:44 -0400

Kon Wilms wrote:

> Obviously the problem here is that a remote is not
> the ideal input device for moving frames around
> and resizing content windows (believe me, I've
> tried).

I agree with this general point as well. Neither
the remote used with TV, nor the whole TV or movie-
going "experience," is ideal for interactivity.

You certainly could hold an infrared-connected
keyboard and mouse on your lap for real web
browsing on your HDTV set, but to pretend that
this will be how HDTVs and home theater
installations will get used *predominantly* is
just plain silly.