[opendtv] Re: News: Ditch Your TV

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 07:32:05 -0500

At 8:13 PM +1100 12/9/08, Ciril Kosorok wrote:
The downside: The video quality of streaming services is often inferior to cable TV, McGuire says.

He's too kind. It's not inferior, it's downright crap on a 50" screen!

Kinda depends on the service. Videos I have purchased from the iTunes store look great on my 50" screen. But download times are a factor on my DSL service that maxes out at about 1.5 mbps.

A service that can average 8 Mbps should be fine for high quality streaming video.