[opendtv] Re: News: Ditch Your TV

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 11:42:19 -0500

Kon Wilms wrote:

> FOTA would be great IF I COULD ACTUALLY RECEIVE IT.

Why can't you, and what have you tried?

A colleague of mine has taken it upon himself to switch over his
mother-in-law's and sister-in-law's homes in the past two or three
weekends. He's been successful in both places, using an Antennas Direct
DB4 antenna indoors. Same one I'm using.

I'm getting a second DB4, for Christmas, along with a Winegard 75 ohm
combiner. I'll be trying to get better reception of Baltimore channels,
by aiming the two DB4s in slightly different directions. If the combiner
doesn't work, I can fall back to a simple switch.