[opendtv] Re: News: Ditch Your TV

  • From: Andrea Venturi <a.venturi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 17:32:10 +0100

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
Kon Wilms wrote:

Back on topic - I refuse to 'ghetto up' my house with
antennas pointing in multiple directions

For example, if you go to Florence, meaning the real Firenze, you'll see
most OTA antennas include three UHF, stacked, pointing in three
directions.
yeah, really.

the great majority of italian people gets the main tv services from VHF/UHF freqs with this kind of "ghetto setup".

anyway, if you are scared from a single antenna on top of the roof, i don't know what you'd think of some condo where 50 flats or more do have each one its antenna set on the top of the building..

these nightmares were set up in the early "free television days" (late '70) when each one asked for its own set of tv services from different places during a total frequency anarchy. you can see many of these "deployments" around the train station in Rome. they seem "building with lots of straight hair"

italy, what a funny place !

bye