[opendtv] Re: MPAA wants to stop DVRs from recording some movies

  • From: John Willkie <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 10:50:02 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

the important distinction being that the Verizon Fios requirement is
immediately clear to subscribers (and they are quite successful, despite that,
perhaps because of it) and the others were dead on arrival, mostly in the
previous century.

An another important distinction: Fios provides benefit to the consumer, and
there are probably even benefits to having the demark in the house.  The other
items did not provide consumer benefits.

Sometimes, this stuff is just whining, something I was told that we were
supposed to leave behind by the time we left grammar school, if not earlier.