[opendtv] Re: MPAA wants to stop DVRs from recording some movies

  • From: "Adam Goldberg" <adam_g@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 19:41:09 -0400

"Just as an example, otherwise, Brad Gates and the other MPAA folks would have
closed the analog hole in the early 00's, and assertion of the broadcast flag
would prevent all devices with a tuner from streaming content over the
Internet."

Um, that's Brad Hunt, and he's no longer with MPAA.  Otherwise, right on.