[opendtv] Re: Execs see challenges bringing Net video to TV

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 17:19:18 -0700

16-18 mb/sec HDTV is a fact of life with AVC?  Well, sure if you want to
waste bits.  Perhaps that's common with government contractors, but not in
the real world, where the government won't bail you out of dumb decisions
(except, apparently, wall street).

More like 10 Mb/sec AVC hdtv is a fact of life, or better.

John Willkie