[opendtv] Re: Execs see challenges bringing Net video to TV

  • From: Albert Manfredi <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 19:24:06 -0400

Kon Wilms wrote:

> In fact I can only laugh at Bert's hypothetical response
> that follows yours with sizing everything to 18Mbit.

Obviously, if you'd read the response, that was a worst-case example. And other
possibilities mentioned in my reply. And 16-18 Mb/s HDTV is still a fact of
life with AVC.

The important thing is that existing fiber to home or existing hybrid fiber and
coax architectures CAN support a viable TV to homes service, now or in the
easily foreseeable future.