[opendtv] Re: Can't stream HD?

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 15:35:32 -0500

At 1:27 PM -0500 12/13/08, John Shutt wrote:
It has been my experience that, at least on Windows computers, the free version of QuickTime has the full screen option under the view menu grayed out. Perhaps you do get access to full screen on Macs, I don't know.

In order to enjoy full screen, you have to pay to upgrade to QuickTime Pro.

I believe you are correct. I have been using Quicktime Pro since they create the paid version in the late '90s, so the full screen feature has always been there...for me.

The other thing that bothers me about QuickTime is that it is always trying to take over being default player for all media types. I tell it no, check the box to never ask me again, but it still comes up with "QuickTime has detected it is not the default player for some media types..." every time it opens.

The same is true for Windows Media player on the Mac. I think both have the option to disable this annoying "feature."

REgards