[opendtv] Re: Can't stream HD?

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 20:53:14 -0800

Actually, Craig, this is false.  In theory, what you say is true.  But, in
practice -- since at best you are only renting the hardware -- it's quite
common to end up with content that can't be played on a newer system.

I have a relative who is totally into his iPods, even when he has had to buy
the same content more than three times.

Just because people might be able to back up content, doesn't mean they
will.

John Willkie