[opendtv] Re: Can't stream HD?

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 20:27:54 -0800

Speaking for myself, Quicktime sounds to be as crappy (no full-screen video)
on Apples as on PCs.

Bloat, if only because they bundle itunes (even when you get the version
purported to not have bundled itunes) and Apple updater.

Also not free due to the time and trouble answering repeatedly that you
don't want to update the application.  I removed the key for Apple quicktime
updater from my registry hive last night.  It's not the last time I will
have to remove it.

Closer to evil than anything else.  When you go for the updating, you first
have to indicate that you don't want to buy Quicktime pro.

And, who in their right mind (i.e., on a PC) would use the Apple Quicktime
SDK?  It's no doubt just as easy to add Quicktime codecs using the Windows
Media Format SDK.

John Willkie, who somehow seems to know just a bit about Quicktime, despite
what Craig says.