[opendtv] Re: Can't stream HD?

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 16:23:31 -0800

Actually, I'm quite familiar with it, but I use it so seldom, and I haven't
enjoyed the upgrader, so I've eliminated it from my
HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run key, and I thought it a
waste of time to upload and install it to answer the question.

I use VLC and WMP quite often, and last time I checked, vlc handles
quicktime quite well, without apple's overhead.  But, the site wouldn't let
me download or stream the file without the latest version of quicktime.
Perhaps you see that as a benefit?

If it is actually 29.97 frames, then I guess we are seeing the benefits of
multiple-pass encoding.

Cox hereabouts is at least as good as small systems like yours.  AT&T
U-verse, by the way, offers 18 mb/sec.

I don't complain about my bit rate at home; I haven't been charged for it
for almost a year.

John Willkie