[muglo] <no subject>

  • From: Theresa Roth <theresaroth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MUGLO <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 08:14:27 -0500

HELLO,
I¹m wondering if someone might be able to help me with an annoying
difficulty I¹m facing.  Does anyone have a copy of Office or at least WORD
for PC?

My Powerbook G4 has Office for Mac installed on it and there is no problem
with that per se.  I also have Virtual PC running Bibleworks and that is
where the problem originates.  Formerly, when I used a PC, there were
standards in Bibleworks and Word that would allow a ³copy and paste²
function to copy both raw text and font data etc to be copied into Word.
Since I use Hebrew and Greek for my studies, it worked seamlessly and
problem-free.

Now, since I¹m crossing from Pc to Mac when I copy and paste from Bibleworks
(in Virtual PC) to Word for Mac , the only standard for Virtual PC is to
copy raw text to Word on Mac and it doesn¹t bring with  it the font data and
other format information.  I have to manually highlight and change fonts
which has become a nightmare when I¹m working with a lot of text.

I called Microsoft and asked if I could get a free licensed copy of Word for
PC since I already own Office for Mac but they said they can¹t do that
across platforms because, in their mind, it is two separate computers (even
though the guy on the phone understood my problem).  So, if I could borrow a
disc..........and install Word (at least) on Virtual PC, I hope to be
laughing...

Can anybody help me?  I live near Delaware.

Theresa Roth