[muglo] Re: <no subject>

  • From: Jim Taylor <hawk@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 17:31:40 -0500

Thanks for the advice Eric. first, I gave you some bad info. Always ran
Netscape but forgot that i have Explorer 5.0 with my new mac. I given up
trying to download anything. Never get it right. Everyone says just follow
the prompts etc. I get to the "end" and don't know what to do next. Like
downloading Real Player (which I think I already had anyway and trying to
launch it). Anyway, I'll stick to word processing. Like i said, my biggest
beef/problem is where is the memory.
I'm running word 98, which I bought with the computer since it didn't come
with any software.
Curious about having 200-300 megs free. My "largest unsused block" (is that
what you mean?) is usually about 65 megs. I don't know anyway to make it
higher since I don't run more than one or two programs at a time.
  Also curious, the computer came with 69 megs (or something like that).
Didn't seem like much to me so i bought more. Doubled it, I think. Can I add
still more? I remember reaching the limit on my LC.
Anyway,  appreciate the advice. I seem to do a lot of groping without it.
jim

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>