[modeleng] Re: Injectors

  • From: "JESSE LIVINGSTON" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 06:13:50 -0600

Pentagon,

I never thought of it that way.  Next time I have one of my injectors
running I will have a look-see at the overflow.  I always figured the happy
little sound was the steam combining with the water on its way through the
injector. Sort of like the frying sound that steam bubbles make just before
the water starts to boil in a boiler or stew pot on the stove. I know I have
heard the exact same singing sound come from the injector on a full size
traction engine.

Jesse