[modeleng] Re: Injectors

  • From: "JESSE LIVINGSTON" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 13:38:18 -0600

I built all of my check boiler valves except for the one on the mighty Falk
#1.  All of those operated off of the axle pumps and duplex pump (Shay) are
of 1/4" OD brass pipe, but those I made for use with the Super Scale Economy
injectors are 5/16" pipe and 5/16" check ball.  I made sure that the ball
could raise high enough to offer absolutely no restriction to flow from the
injector.  The valve design has worked perfectly so I have seen no reason to
change it after 15 years

Jesse